Two year full time fixed term contract
Camberwell Grammar School seeks an experienced Swimming Coach to establish and operate an Aquatics Program within the new aquatic facility. Reporting into the Facilities and Operations Manager (FOM) this will include the establishment of a Learn to Swim program as well as further developing and enhancing the existing squad programs. This role will be crucial to the development of the Swimming and Aquatics Program at Camberwell Grammar School and will be responsible for delivering high-quality coaching as well as a strategic vision for the future.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Work with Head of Physical Education, Director of Junior School Sport and PE and PE department to develop a high-quality curriculum program encompassing Learn to Swim and Water Safety modules among other aquatic activities and oversee the delivery of this to students
- Work with the FOM to recruit a team of Learn to Swim teachers and squad coaches for both the school and out of school hours’ programs
- Develop and implement Learn to Swim to High Performance Squad pathway model and ensure the delivery of these are measured and monitored to achieve Key Performance Indicators
- In collaboration with the FOM, Director of Sport and other Aquatics support staff, ensure all operational requirements of the Camberwell Grammar Aquatics Program are delivered to a high standard
- Develop a business model for the Camberwell Grammar Aquatics Program in order to develop a self-sustainable and long-term program structure
- Day to day responsibility for managing scheduling, training, staff management and delivery of the swim school and squad programs
- Assist with the planning and delivery of the House Swimming Carnivals
- Squad/team related administrative duties, e.g. meet entries, management and tracking of results, competition information to participants, attendance at meets
- Delivery of inter-school swim meets during the competition season
- Provide high quality coaching and foster a positive training culture and fun environment
- Prepare junior and senior students to compete and achieve peak performance within the AGSV and SSV competitions
The role will initially be for a 2 year, full time fixed term contract with potential for extension, dependent on a review of the program near the end of the contract.
To be considered for this role you will possess the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Proven experience at establishing a LTS program from its inception
- The desire and drive to establish a program from the initial stages and ensure it promotes an inclusive, fun and productive learning environment
- Experience within a school training environment and success in the delivery of long-term training programs for athletes of varied levels of experience
- Demonstrated management experience and the ability to plan strategically and with long term goals
- A developed understanding of current professional trends and practices in elite sports coaching, as well as coaching and teaching principles at all levels from beginner to advanced
- Flexibility with working hours
- Exceptional communication and team leadership skills in order to establish and manage performance across all customer service and teaching areas
- Experience in using Microsoft Office, AutoCoach and Phoenix programs (Desirable), as well as relevant coaching applications and analysis tools
- Silver License accredited swim coach with extensive experience in a National Age training/ competition environment
- Tertiary qualifications in Physical Education, Sports Science, Human Movement or Coaching (Desirable)
- Level 2 First Aid, and CPR Qualification
- Lifeguard Award (Desirable)
- Working with Children Check & Police Check
- Current ASCTA Member
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, click here to apply via Seek and submit your cover letter and current CV. Only online applications will be accepted.
Turf and Grounds Officer
Camberwell Grammar School is an independent Anglican day school for boys from Pre-Preparatory to Year 12. We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Turf & Grounds Officer to join the Property & Maintenance department.
Reporting to the Assistant Property Manager the role of Turf & Grounds Officer is to assist in the maintenance of the general appearance and presentation of the School sports field, ovals and other fields used by the School. The Turf & Grounds Officer will also assist in planning any future landscaping around the School’s busy calendar.
Key responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and maintain the school cricket pitch and practice wickets
- Maintain the School’s synthetic hockey pitch and Junior School multi-purpose sports field
- Preparation and maintenance of Sports field with the use of mowing, fertilizing, and the use of insecticide and herbicide
- Assist with the maintenance of the School’s lawns
- Ensure that plant and equipment is maintained in good and safe working order compliant with OH&S legislation
- Assist the Assistant Property Manager in planning future grounds development work and maintenance according to the school’s busy sporting calendar
- Monitor the programming and operation of irrigation systems
- Repairs and maintenance of irrigation systems
- Setting up and preparation of sporting ovals for School sports activities in locations other than the School – including setting out playing fields, line marking, erecting and dismantling of sports equipment, goal posts, marquees etc.
- Towing and operation of machinery at various sites
- Monitor turf and playing surface conditions. Identify and resolve any issues that may arise.
To be considered for this role you must possess the following::
- 5+ years of experience in Sports Ground and Turf maintenance
- Qualifications in Turf Management
- Current and valid chemical application certificate
- White Card
- Experience in a similar position within in a School Environment
- Previous experience in large gardens, parks or open space areas
- Knowledge and skills in safe operation, care and optimum practice in use of machinery and equipment
- Excellent knowledge of plants, pests & diseases
- Knowledge associated with the keeping of the grounds (e.g. Council & Government Regulations)
- Experience monitoring, controlling and overseeing project activities
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours – some weekend work will be required
- Knowledge and appreciation of OH&S
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, click here to apply via Seek Only online applications will be accepted.