Camberwell Grammar School is currently seeking a highly motivated experienced Duty Manager to join our Facilities and Operations Department on a casual basis for approximately 7-10 hours a week.
The Duty Manager will be required on an ad hoc basis to supervise and manage events within school facilities. Ongoing Saturday availability is essential, with other weekly shifts by negotiation and dependent upon scheduling requirements.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Provide an oversite of all events and bookings running on school premises outside of normal school hours
- Ensure the facilities are well maintained and setup for special functions
- Assist with the delivery of functions and events; set up/pack up, liaising with users, managing the BMS controls
- Act as the on-site Chief Warden in the event of an emergency or evacuation
- Provide oversite of the aquatic bookings and act as the Lifeguard on duty if required
- Ensure that the water in both pools is tested at the commencement of each shift and before activities commence
- Ensure that appropriate action is taken to maintain water quality in both pools to comply with current Health Regulations
- Complete chemical dosing as required
- Perform plant and general pool maintenance as required
- Assist user groups with the management of scoreboards, AV equipment, kitchen equipment, event set up and pack up
- Minor AV assistance for set up of functions and events
- Be responsible for the opening and closing procedures of the facilities in use
- Ensure the safe and effective enjoyment of the Sports Facility and PAC by the whole School community by proactively supervising the operation of all ventilation, electrical, and mechanical systems, plus all pool related plant and systems.
- Provide immediate First Aid to spectators, patrons & athletes as required.
- Maintain vigilant oversight of the security of the Centre with particular attention to unauthorised access by staff and students, and the locking of each area
- Meet the information needs of staff and families in relation to the activities in progress within the facilities in question
- Control the visitor traffic and behaviour in the Sports Centre and PAC in the context of maintaining a safe environment for all
- Actively contribute to the provision of a clean and safe facility, ensuring compliance with the relevant legislative requirements
To be considered for this role and other future opportunities you will need to possess:
- Ability to administer first aid and provide leadership in the case of an emergency
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding time management and organisational skills with the ability to juggle several tasks and responsibilities at once
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office as well as experience using databases – My Maintenance(advantageous)
- Previous experience in delivering functions / events / hospitality
- Previous experience working in an Aquatics area under the principles of best practice and safe pool operations
- Previous experience and a thorough understanding of plant room operations and maintenance systems
- Previous experience and knowledge in Facility and Events operations
- Understanding of OH&S policies and procedures
- Pool Lifeguard Award
- Pool Operations Certificate (Desirable)
- Level 2 First Aid, and CPR Qualification
- Working with Children Check
- Police Check
- AV experience
To view the position description, click here.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, click here to apply. Please submit a cover letter and your current CV. Only online applications will be accepted.
Applications close Sunday 18 March at 11.00pm.
Camberwell Grammar School is an independent Anglican day school for boys from Pre-Preparatory to Year 12.
The Music department has an amazing collection of over 28,000 copies of music material which is currently spread out in various rooms within our music buildings. We are looking for someone to come in and conduct a full audit and stocktake of what those 28,000 music materials are and then ensure they are correctly recorded / catalogued into our Library system – Oliver. Towards the end of the project the Music Librarian will then handover to our Music Administrators to manage going forward.
We anticipate this project to take approximately 3 months full time. However, for the right candidate, we can be flexible with part time hours over a longer period.
Key responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Complete a full audit and stocktake of the current Music Library resources which houses over 28,000 copies of music material
- Use the music library system (Oliver) to catalogue and classify monographs, scores and audio/visual material in the Music Library
- Work with the Music Library systems to store and deliver digital content as per music copyright laws
- Assess and repair the collection of scores, parts and folders as needed
- Document the cataloguing procedure
- Assist students and/or academic staff as needed with borrowing music materials during the contract
To be considered for this role you must possess the following experience and skills:
- Previous experience as a librarian – essential
- Strong knowledge of music licensing and copyright law – essential
- A working knowledge and understanding of music – essential
- Ability to read music
- Experience in collation, systems and management in a music library or similar – essential
- Strong organisational skills to manage multiple tasks
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the operations in a Library
To view the position description, click here.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, click here to apply. Please submit your current CV and a cover letter including your preferred availability (e.g. full time or part time hours). Only online applications via seek will be accepted.
Applications close Sunday 11 March at 11.00pm.